Lederne – The Norwegian Organisation of Managers and Executives
Lederne is the Norwegian organisation for managers, engineers and development of competence, founded in 1910. The members have management responsibilities, knowledge and experience. Lederne is also an organisation for engineers and technical staff with a high degree of responsibility in their work. We are independent of others, both politically and organisationally. This gives us the opportunity to do what is best for our members, regardless of political affiliations.
Lederne has 17.000 members in over 1 200 companies all over Norway and abroad. The members represent companies within a broad spectrum of private and public sector. The members are managers and executives in production, commerce and mercantile functions in industry, commerce and services. In the petroleum industry non-graduate engineers are also included.
Lederne is divided into seven regions with their own regional committees. Ledernes main office is in Oslo, and the organisation runs a regional office in Stavanger. Lederne has right of negotiation with several employer organisations. Lederne is a member of Confederation Europeennes des Cadres (CEC – European Managers). CEC represents 1,5 million managers and executives across Europe in the European Social Dialogue.
Our agreements are:
- Basic agreements with among others the Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise (NHO), the federation of Norwegian Commercial and Service Enterprises (Virke) and the Federation for Cooperative Businesses (SAMFO).
- Management agreements with among others NHO, Virke, the Norwegian Shipowners Association and SAMFO.
- Collective / basic agreements and accords with among others the National Association of Labour markets Companies and the National Association of Employment Cooperative and Agriculture Employers Association.
- Special agreement with the Norwegian Hospitality Association.
- Agreements with several individual companies.